Thursday, February 25, 2010

(39) Indonesian Chicken

I'm feeling the winter blahs and while I can't force warm weather (I WISH!), I could get some summer vibes into dinner by grilling! I expected this to be super spicy, but it was not. Next time - HOT SAUCE! :) But you know I like it spicy! Anyway, it was pretty easy to put this together and was mild, but flavorful. With each bite, you got another hint of lime, or ginger, or garlic. YUM!

PS:  No picture. You don't need to see a piece of grilled chicken. You've seen one, you've seen them all!!

Indonesian Chicken

Source: Cooking Light, AUGUST 2001
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half)

"This recipe is one of my favorites because it's simple to make, tastes delicious, and is healthy. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like it. I like to double the recipe and enjoy the leftovers. I prefer spicy food, so sometimes I'll add a dash of hot sauce. For friends who don't like spicy food, I just stick to the recipe. To get the best flavor, poke the chicken with a fork so it can really absorb the marinade."

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray

Prepare grill.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add chicken to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.

Place the chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done.

CALORIES 158 (19% from fat); FAT 3.3g (sat 0.9g,mono 1.1g,poly 0.8g); IRON 1mg; CHOLESTEROL 73mg; CALCIUM 19mg; CARBOHYDRATE 3.8g; SODIUM 238mg; PROTEIN 26.9g; FIBER 0.3g

No comments: