Monday, February 1, 2010

(22) Caesar Salad with Light Homemade Dressing

This recipe is adapted from a Cooking Light one. The original calls for anchovy paste, which I could not find. The flavor on the dressing is great and I love that it's light! (The dressing comes out to about 30cals/Tbsp, which is awesome!!) It's slightly garlicky, slightly tangy - just right!! I am a bad recipe writer - I should have measured my cheese and lettuce. I can tell you about how much to use, but just use your own judgment, really!!

I promise, nobody is paying me to say this :) but my favorite croutons of all time went on this salad. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the Texas Toast croutons. This was my first taste of the Caesar ones and they did not disappoint!!





Caesar Salad with Light Homemade Dressing


Yield: 4 salads

1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (depending on how spicy you like it!)
1 garlic clove, minced
4-6c chopped romaine lettuce (depends on how big your bowls are!!)
1/2c grated Parmesan, divided
croutons

Combine the first 8 ingredients (yogurt through pepper) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Place lettuce, 1/4c Parmesan, and 1/2c of the dressing in a large bowl or dish with a lid and stir to coat the lettuce with the dressing. (I used a big Tupperware with a lid and shook it all up - worked great!!) Place mix into 4 individual bowls and top each salad with 1 Tbsp Parmesan and croutons to your liking. Voila! Easy Caesar salad!!

No comments: