Monday, February 8, 2010

(28) Triple Cheese Garlic Bread

I will say that I did not make this recipe as written, but even still, there was no cheese flavor AT ALL and no distinct garlic flavor. It was tasty and had a good texture though. I'm not sure I would make it again, but I did want to review it and maybe revisit it to tweak sometime in the near future. I was out of white flour (I know, for real?!) so I used 2.5 cups of whole wheat flour.

Also, recipes for bread machine breads always say to put ingredients in using the machine's instructions. My machine tells me to put in liquids, dry ingredients, then yeast last. The handbook also mentions that if you've got salt, don't put that near the yeast because salt can prematurely activate the yeast. Good to know!

Here's what the bread looked like when it came out of the bread machine. Hello!? What the heck happened to the top?!




Triple Cheese Garlic Bread


1 cup water
1/2 cup creamed cottage cheese
2 tablespoons margarine, softened
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast

Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed for your machine. This makes a 1.5 lb loaf

No comments: