Wednesday, February 10, 2010

(30) Blondie Bars

Yummy yum yum yum!! I was going to make chocolate chip cookies, but got lazy, so I made these instead. Good choice! I didn't have to dirty my mixer (although my arm was tired from stirring!) and these were pretty quick to put together.



Blondie Bars

Yield: 36 bars

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.

2) Stir in eggs, oil, and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in chocolate morsels until blended. Spread into a greased 13x9" pan.

3) Bake 45-50 minutes until lightly golden brown and edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely; cut into bars.

No comments: