Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh me oh my!!!

I am giddy and wee bit nervous!!

I am a big fan of The Pioneer Woman. If you don't know who she is, she's a woman living somewhere cold (Oklahoma, I think!?) on a cattle farm in the middle of nowhere. She is an amazing photographer, makes some awesome recipes, and is overall a pretty funny person. Someone I'd love to drink a glass of wine with!!

Anyway, she started a website called Tasty Kitchen. It's a user community (mostly of her 4 zillion blog readers, I suspect) of personal recipes, photos, etc. It's pretty cool! Anyway, I finally got the guts up to submit a recipe around Christmas time. Since they need to be original recipes and I mostly just cook from CL, I don't have much to contribute. My cranberry muffins (well, my mom's!) were the first submission. This weekend I submitted my pumpkin bread.

Tasty Kitchen actually reviews and approves all of the recipes. So today I went online to see if my bread had been approved and OH.MY.GOD. Not only had it been approved, I'm one of the top 5 featured recipes of the day!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

This is seriously exciting! It's also a little stressful! What if I'm the only one in the world who like this!? Ok, well, my husband and daughter were stuffing it in their faces too, so maybe not the only ones... but you know what I mean.... a little nerve-wracking!!! But I'm pretty pumped!

So if you're wondering what that sound is, it's me, tooting my own horn!! It's also me encouraging you to check out both The Pioneer Woman and Tasty Kitchen!!

No comments: