Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cooking Club Menu

I'm a member of a cooking club. I can't even tell you how many years we've been cooking together? 4 maybe? Time is flying and I've lost track. We rotate months between the houses. The hostess picks the menu and buys the groceries. Everyone pays their part (it seems to have settled right on $20/pp which is a steal for a huge meal + lots of booze!). Tonight we are hosting.

I struggled with the menu. I really wanted to do Sardinian food after seeing the latest episode of No Reservations (I LOVE THAT SHOW. Anthony Bourdain is awesome!), but I just couldn't seem to get it together. So rather than a cuisine as a theme, I went with a chef. I enjoy watching Guy on the Food Network, so we are having BIG BITE NIGHT (I think it deserves to be in all caps, don't you?!). I can't wait!

Drinks:
- Ginger Margaritas
- Red Apple Hooch Bowla (this is a whiskey/cranberry/fallish drink - sounds good!)
- Beer, beer, beer

Appetizers:
- Italian Stuffed Jalapenos
- Beer-Battered Asparagus with Garlic Aioli

Dinner:
- Red Rocker Margarita Chicken (sandwiches)
- Sweet Potato Fries with Malt Vinegar
- some kind of fruit (whatever looks good when I shop!)

Dessert:
- Tequila Lime Tart

So now I ask you - if you cook with others, how do you put your menus together? Do you have any fun suggestions for me for the future? Any questions for me about how we do it? I really encourage everyone to get together to cook! We've had so much fun and learned so much over the last few years!

2 comments:

Heidi from DenverDryGarden said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful plan, I like the menu, and love the idea of your cooking club.

When we get together, usually we have to work around food preferences and gluten allergies so it can be very tricky!

Amy said...

Oh food preferences and gluten allergies are tough! I have a family member with a lot of those issues and have learned a lot about hidden sources of gluten (and also lactose). Tough stuff!!

I hope you're able to find ways to accommodate and still enjoy :)