Sunday, August 30, 2009

8/30/09 - This week's menu

A few friends and I have been talking about menus lately... and I realized that I've never posted my menu on this blog. I try to plan out my menu and do all of my grocery shopping on Sundays. I put the menu up on a little dry erase board we keep in our kitchen. That way I remember what we're eating that day and also I don't have to answer 'what's for dinner' questions! Score!!

If you're looking for inspiration for your weekly menu, you might also check out one of the blogs I read - This Week for Dinner.

Anyhow - this week's menu is a pretty easy one. I sing with the Jacksonville Symphony and have rehearsals on Tuesday nights. We take a summer hiatus, but rehearsals start back up this week. So most likely you'll see easy meals or sandwiches on the list on Tuesday nights.

Sunday: Eggplant Parmesan, angel hair pasta, salad
Monday: Spicy Basque-Style Chicken, yellow rice, broccoli
Tuesday: leftovers or sandwiches
Wednesday: Pork Tenderloin with Paprika Spice Rub, Two-Corn Polenta with Tomatoes, Basil, and Cheese, green beans
Thursday: homemade pizza, salads

We'll be visiting with our family over the long weekend. I'm sure there will be some cooking going on (my mother-in-law is an AWESOME cook!!), but there's none on my official plan!! I will be back on Wednesday of next week with another menus!

No comments: