Wednesday, August 26, 2009

(70) Maple-Sage Roasted Pork Tenderloin

Ok now this recipe is really a no-brainer. Chop up some sage (you must use fresh!!), pop it all in a ziplock and then let it sit for a few minutes. I know that my friends from the north will shudder, cry, scream bad words at me, or something... but I used regular old pancake syrup (Publix brand, lite butter mmmm) and it was a.ok to me!!

The pork was really tender and the flavors were great. The maple and sage made it almost taste like breakfast sausage (yum!). I served with some egg noodles and steamed broccoli.


Maple-Sage Roasted Pork Tenderloin


Only four ingredients give pork tenderloin outstanding flavor in this dish. Serve with sweet potatoes and sautéed spinach for a dinner that's ready in less than an hour.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces)
Source: Cooking Light Magazine, November 2008

1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
Cooking spray

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 400°.

3. Remove pork from bag. Place pork on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°. Cover loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 153 (24% from fat), Fat: 4.1g (sat 1.4g,mono 1.6g,poly 0.4g), Protein: 24g, Carbohydrate: 3.5g, Fiber: 0.0g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Iron: 1.3mg, Sodium: 343mg, Calcium: 10mg

1 comment:

derb63 said...

Amy - Yum! Or should I say "Meow"! I'm glad to see you are still cooking up a storm. I need a little inspiration. I'm guessing I can find some on your blog! Debra