Sunday, August 30, 2009

(72) Eggplant Parmesan

Yum yum yum yum yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. We got some eggplant from our friends' gardens. They gave us a purple one and 3 white ones! Have you ever seen a white eggplant? Me either... check it out!


You slice it thin (please, slice it thin and uniformly or you'll be cursing like me...) and then soak it in a pot of water. I couldn't figure out how to make it stay submerged, so I rigged up a weight using a small plate and my meat hammer!


You bake it in the oven to crisp it up - I had to do more like 7 minutes per side to get it crispy!


I imagine you could use jarred sauce, but this recipe was really very easy. I used about 3/4 of it in the eggplant and used the other 1/4 of it to put over some angel hair pasta. The sauce was very flavorful!!

When you're done layering and baking - this is the cheesy goodness that you end up with!! Even the baby gave it two (messy) thumbs up! I will be making this one again!!



Here's the recipe - it was already on my website, made and reviewed by my friend Jill! Enjoy!

PS: I made the recipe as written - I thought the amount of basil and oregano was fine for my tastes!!

No comments: