Sunday, August 30, 2009

(71) Grilled Salmon with Apricot-Mustard Glaze

I have to admit that in my almost 32 years, I've NEVER cooked salmon. My husband and I don't like love salmon, but I suspect that's because we've never had it really well prepared. Anyway, I decided to live on the wild side and cook salmon. Guess what? We liked it! I can't tell you if this was just good or if it was awesome because I have no point of reference, but I'd love it if you'd try it and tell me what you think!!


Grilled Salmon with Apricot-Mustard Glaze

Friends and family will beg for the recipe when you serve this sophisticated take on salmon. Brush the fruit reduction on the fish at the last minute to prevent sugars from burning on the grill.


Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)
Source: Cooking Light Magazine, June 2007

Salmon:
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Glaze:
1/4 cup apricot nectar
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Remaining ingredient:
Cooking spray

Prepare grill.

To prepare fish, sprinkle fillets evenly with garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.

To prepare glaze, combine nectar and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon pepper) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; set aside.

Place fillets, skin side up, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes; carefully turn over, and grill 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Brush each fillet with 1 tablespoon glaze; grill 30 seconds.

Nutritional Information

Calories: 342 (34% from fat), Fat: 13.1g(sat 3.1g,mono 5.7g,poly 3.2g), Protein: 36.4g, Carbohydrate: 18.1g, Fiber: 0.2g, Cholesterol: 87mg, Iron: 0.7mg, Sodium: 482mg, Calcium: 25mg

No comments: