Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Greetings!!

Before I go nuts posting food, I should introduce myself, huh!? My name is Amy. I'm 31 years old, married, mother of a 5 month old little girl named Sydney. We all live in St. Augustine, FL. I work in IT but I have secret passions for cooking. I play the lottery every week in hopes that I can one day quit my job and go to culinary school. We all know how well that plan is gonna work out, huh?! So to indulge my need for all things culinary, I cook at home!

When I was pregnant with Sydney, I had horrific morning sickness. But it wasn't the kind that only hit in the morning. It was all-day-sickness. And I wasn't one of the lucky ones that felt better once the first trimester was over, oh no, that would have taken all the fun out of being pregnant! I was well into the 3rd trimester before the nausea and puking ended and by that point, I was gigantic (wanna see my semi-uncovered baby belly??) so there was no way in hell I was standing in the kitchen to make dinner. We ate an awful lot of waffles. And cereal. And chicken tenders from the freezer. Oh and taquitos, can't forget the taquitos!

Anywho - now that the baby is on a semi-routine, it's time for me to get back into the kitchen! During this year hiatus, we've eaten out way too much. It's both expensive and unhealthy, and we simply can't continue like this!!

Now why the title of my blog?! All the good ones are taken ;) Seriously, though, I'm a disaster in the kitchen. I make a horrific mess when I'm cooking. I don't know why, it's just who I am. I cook with gusto!! I always clean up, and have a fantastic dishwasher (my husband!)... and it's almost always worth it! (I'll post a few stinkers now and then, I'm sure!).

So sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride through my culinary adventures, mishaps, and mess! I hope you're hungry!!

No comments: