Sunday, December 21, 2008

Banana Mini-Muffins



Banana Mini-Muffins
These muffins are adapted from a recipe I found online. I was feeling guilty about eating the calories in an entire muffin, so I decided to make them into mini-muffins! I do NOT like bananas in most forms, but I do like these muffins! The first time I made these, I estimated about 36 mini muffins, but this time I think I got closer to 48! Make sure not to fill the tins too full!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

2) In a large bowl, combine bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.

3) Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 13 to 15 minutes (or if you want - large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes.) Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped and be slightly browned on top.

Nutritional Info:
For large muffin: 188 cals, 5g fat, 1.2g fiber
For each mini: 16 cals, .5g fat, .2g fiber

No comments: