Friday, December 19, 2008

Chinese New Year Cookies

Chinese New Year Cookies


Every Christmas, these cookies appear in my mom's kitchen. I'm not quite sure where they got their name and origin, but they are SUPER easy to make and everyone loves them!!

This year I made them for our neighborhood cookie swap. I made 10 dozen in about 20 minutes! That's my kind of "baking"!!

PS: They don't need to be refrigerated once they are set.

Ingredients:
6 oz butterscotch chips
6 oz chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
3 oz chow mein noodles
7.25 oz salted peanuts (cocktail, not roasted)

Directions:
1) Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together.
2) Mix in noodles and peanuts.
3) Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
4) Chill in refrigerator until set.

Yield: approximately 2 dozen cookies

No comments: