Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mini-Banana Muffins

This one is a repeater for me - that's why it doesn't get a number! I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found online. I have cute mini-muffin tins that I never use and this is a great excuse to break them out! Plus, mini muffins are GREAT for little fingers. My daughter goes nuts for these "more peese!" You can make them in a bigger tin (making just 12 muffins), you will just have to cook them longer.


Mini Banana Muffins

Yield: 36 mini muffins (or 12 large)
Source: Amy's original - adapted from a recipe I found online

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until smooth (I just use a whisk and that leaves banana chunks. If you want them smoothe, use a mixer). Scoop into muffin pans.

3. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 13 to 15 minutes (or if you want - large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes.) Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped and be slightly browned on top.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:
For large muffin: 184 cals, 5.8g fat, 1.2g fiber
For each mini: 61 cals, 1.9g fat, .4g fiber

Print This Recipe

Bookmark and Share

No comments: