Friday, May 29, 2009

(37) Healhty Pumpkin Pancakes

This recipe is one that I feel 'eh' about. I was prepared to LOVE them, but I didn't. They were very dense and I think that was part of the problem. In my mind, pancakes should be light and fluffy. We ate them, but I won't repeat this recipe as is.

Does anybody have a pumpkin pancake recipe that they love? Healthy or not, I'd love to try it, so please email me or post them in the comments!! Thank you!

PS: I think my whole wheat flour has gone bad. Maybe that was part of my problem? Who knows?!


Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes

SERVES 16
Source: Recipezaar

2 cups whole wheat flour (I use whole wheat white flour)
2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use Splenda Brown sugar baking blend)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 cups nonfat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons olive oil (so much better for you and doesn't affect the flavor)
1 cup canned pumpkin

1. Mix all the dry ingredients well.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients until there are no clumps.
3. Cook on medium heat until the edges look dry, then flip.
4. Remember, these pancakes will be dense and thick. This is how they are supposed to turn out.
5. Super good with REAL maple syrup!
6. Enjoy!

PS: The notes after ingredients are from the original recipe poster, not me.

No comments: