Monday, April 27, 2009

(29) Cinnamon Raisin Bread for the Bread Machine

Ok, so my husband and my sister/future brother-in-law were all so gaga over the white bread, they put in a request for cinnamon raisin bread. I made this recipe last night. Very easy. I didn't get to taste the bread until the morning. I'll be honest here - even though the reviews on recipezaar LOVED this bread, I didn't. It has potential, but I need to tweak it some.

For one thing, it needs way more cinnamon!! I also think some brown sugar would be good. I soaked the raisins in hot water so they'd puff up, but I wonder if I could soake them in juice (Or booze LOL) to give them an even better flavor?!

Do you have a cinnamon raisin bread recipe that you love? If you do, please share it with me!!


Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Makes one 1.5 pound loaf

1 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine
3 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
3/4 cup raisins

1. Add all the ingredients in order given except the raisins.
2. Add raisins in on the "add in" beep.
3. Bake on "sweet bread" setting.

No comments: