Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How to cut a pineapple

A lot of things in life and in cooking are just kind of trial and error. I always got mad at how expensive the cut fruit was at the grocery store and thought "OK, really?! I can do that myself!" But if you've never a cut a pineapple before, it's kind of daunting, right? So I turned to the web to teach myself how to do it and I haven't bought pre-cut pineapple in years!

I hunted the internet for a great video to share with you. What I found were 8,000 different ones. Some weird, some crazy, some booooooooooooring. Many of them went about it differently than I did, which is cool. I found the one below, though, that most mirrors my technique. I hope you find it helpful! Go out and try it yourself and report back! I bet you'll be a pro in no time :)

PS: In the 'you learn something new every day" file - I had no idea you could tell a pineapple was ripe by pulling out one of the green pieces! (I always just sniff the bottom to see if it smells like pineapple!)


Epicurious - Cutting a Pineapple Season: 1 - Watch more amazing videos here

No comments: